Ran Harnevo is President of AOL’s Video division, The AOL On Network. In 2007, he co-founded 5min Media, the industry’s first online video syndication platform for news, entertainment and lifestyle video. Ran was one of the first people to evangelize syndication as a means for publishers and content creators to scale their video business and make the economics of video production work. After 5min Media was acquired by AOL in 2010, Ran’s vision became the cornerstone of AOL’s video strategy. He currently leads The AOL On Network — a curated video experience providing the most relevant content on every topic across 14 channels — and oversees the creation and production of high-quality original programming at AOL.
A reputable voice in online video, Ran has spoken at numerous industry conferences, including Ad Age Digital and Monaco Media Forum. Prior to starting 5min Media, Harnevo worked as a reporter and deputy editor atTel-Aviv Magazine. Harnevo studied Philosophy and Computer Science at TelAviv University after serving in the Israeli Air Force for seven years. He currently resides in New York with his wife and their two children.
- Recode | 07/15/2015 Bkstg, Backed by $20 Million in Funding, Promises to Connect Musicians and Their Fans
- Wall Street Journal | 05/15/2015 The Israeli Connection in Verizon’s Acquisition of AOL
- Adage | 10/07/2014 AOL Video President Ran Harnevo Is Leaving the Company
- TechCrunch | 04/11/2014 Ran Harnevo On AOL’s Video Strategy And The Web’s “Massive Wave” Of Original Content
- VideoInk | 10/24/2013 AOL Forms Global Video Division with Ran Harnevo at the Helm