Peter Sachse has been Chief Marketing Officer of Macy’s, Inc. (formerly Federated Department Stores, Inc.) since May 2007, and also serves as chairman and CEO macys.com, a position he has held since April 2006. Sachse began his retail career in 1980 at Macy’s in Kansas City. Throughout the next nine years, he held positions of increasing responsibility. In 1992, he was named senior vice president and general merchandising manager at The Bon Marché in Seattle. Five years later, he was named executive vice president and general merchandise manager at Macy’s East in New York. In 1999, he was named vice chairman, director of stores at Macy’s East, and in 2001, became the president of The Bon Marché. Sachse was Macy’s first chief marketing officer when the Macy’s Corporate Marketing organization was formed in 2003.
Sachse serves as a member of the board of governors of the YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund and as a director of The Knot. Sachse, a native of Sheboygan, WI, is a finance graduate of the University of Wisconsin. Sachse and his wife, Jini, have two children and reside in the New York City area.
- Providence Journal | 08/30/2015 Macy's to launch discount outlets
- Biz Journals | 06/08/2015 Macy's expands its new discount store concept
- Cincinnati Business Courier | 02/03/2015 Macy's shuffles management
- National Retail Federation | 12/19/2011 Macy's CMO Peter Sachse Shares the Secret Sauce For Creating Loyal Customers
- Think With Google | 07/01/2011 Time for Change with Peter Sachse