Songza / Google
Elias graduated with honors, Magna Cum Laude from Brown University in 2006. Prior to graduation, he co-founded AmieStreet.com and was named as one of Business Week’s ‘Top 25 Entrepreneurs in America Under 25.’ Amazon.com invested in AmieStreet, Inc. in 2007 and acquired the AmieStreet.com brand and customer base in 2010. In 2010, Elias and his co-founders launched Songza, a music Concierge that improves your life by streaming the perfect playlist for whatever you’re doing (from waking up to sleeping, from working out to getting through the work day). Songza was acquired by Google in July 2014.
Elias was named among the 2012 “Forbes 30 Under 30”, Business Insider’s 2013 “100 Coolest People in New York Tech” and AlleyWatch’s 2014 “100 NYC Tech Influencers You Need to Know.” Elias also serves as chairman of Coalition for Queens, a non profit dedicated to turning the world’s most diverse community into a leading hub for innovation and entrepreneurship.
- The Verge | 06/23/2015 Google launches free music streaming ahead of Apple Music debut
- PBS | 05/26/2015 Want to work out smarter? Trick your brain with music
- PR Newswire | 04/17/2015 OCEAN Startup Accelerator Announces Demo Day April 29
- Mashable | 07/01/2014 Songza CEO on Google Acquisition: 'This Is Just the Beginning'
- Forbes | 09/09/2013 Interview With Songza CEO Elias Roman
- Canada.com | 08/05/2012 Songza’s Elias Roman wants to provide the music for every mood