Danae Ringelmann co-founded Indiegogo in 2008 with a mission to democratize fundraising and has since helped to propel the company into the world’s largest funding platform. Today, as Indiegogo’s Chief Development Officer, Danae is focused on driving total customer satisfaction and steering the company’s employee culture and value initiatives.
Prior to Indiegogo, Danae was a securities analyst at Cowen & Co. where she covered publicly traded entertainment companies including Pixar, Lionsgate, Disney and Electronic Arts. Danae also focused on cable network, NFL, newspaper and hedge fund clientele while at JPMorgan’s Investment Bank and Private Bank.
Danae was listed on Fast Company’s “Top 50 Women Innovators in Technology” in 2011, and was named one of Fortune’s “40 Under 40″ in September 2013 and featured in ELLE Magazine’s Top Women in Tech in 2014. Danae frequently speaks at conferences around the world,including TEDx, Le Web and CeBIT. Danae also testified before the United States House Small Business Subcommittee on Investigations, Oversight and Regulations on “Financing America’s Small Businesses: Innovative Ideas for Raising Capital” in June 2013.
Danae is a CFA charterholder and holds an MBA from the Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley. Danae graduated with a B.A. in Humanities from UNC-Chapel Hill, where she was a Morehead Scholar and varsity rower. She currently resides in San Francisco.
- MarketWatch | 07/17/2015 Why Indiegogo believes the crowd is better than a bank
- Pulse | 07/02/2015 Top Power Women in US Crowdfunding
- Good | 05/27/2015 Team Up with the Internet to Do a Little Good
- Huffington Post | 03/16/2015 Going Against the Flow: Danae Ringelmann, Cofounder of Indiegogo
- The New York Times | 12/11/2014 How Danae Ringelmann Built Indiegogo
- Inc. | 10/09/2014 Indiegogo's Danae Ringelmann: 'Crowdfunding is Not About Dollars'
- Inc. | 10/08/2014 Indiegogo's Danae Ringelmann: Be Ruthless About Your Priorities