Dan Zigmond is Vice President of Data at Hampton Creek, a technology company pioneering in food with a mission to make better food choices easier for everyone, everywhere. Dan previously built and led data science teams at Google for 8 years as Lead Data Scientist for Google Maps, Data & Analytics lead for YouTube, and founder and engineering lead for Google TV Ads.
Prior to Google and YouTube, he held software engineering leadership positions at Microsoft and a variety of Silicon Valley startups. He is passionate about using data science and software to tackle real-world problems. He has a bachelor’s degree in computational neuroscience from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Fast Coexist | 08/19/2015 Google Maps' Former Lead Data Scientist Is Now Building The World's Largest Plant Library
- Inc. | 04/23/2015 10 of the Best and Brightest Disruptors in Tech
- Wired | 04/21/2015 From Big Data to Big Bets on Food Science
- Wired | 09/19/2014 Forget GMOs. The Future of Food is Data- Mountains of it
- TechCrunch | 07/03/2014 How A Former Google Data Guy Could Change What We Eat For Breakfast